- 8 whole Everything Bagels
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 4 ounces, weight Goat Cheese (chevre) Or Cream Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons Pesto (Basil Or Sun-dried Tomato)
- 2 pounds Ground Turkey
- 1 teaspoon Kosher Salt (more To Taste)
- Plenty Of Black Pepper
- 8 dashes Worcestershire Sauce
- 4 dashes Hot Sauce (more To Taste)
- 1 whole Egg Yolk (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Butter
- 4 whole Roma Tomatoes, Sliced
- 3 whole Avocados, Sliced
- 16 whole Large Basil Leaves
Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat and grill the cut side of the bagels until golden brown and slightly crisp. Set aside.
Stir together the goat cheese (or cream cheese) and the pesto until smooth. Add more pesto if you’d like!
Combine turkey, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and egg yolk (if using) in a large bowl. Stir or knead together with your hands, then form into patties.
Heat canola oil and 1 tablespoon of butter in a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the patties on both sides until totally done, with no sign of pink in the middle, at least 4-5 minutes per side.
To serve, spread a good amount of the pesto spread on each bagel half. Place the burgers on the bottom half, then top with tomato slices and basil leaves. Lay avocado slices on the top half, using the spread to make them stay put. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper on the avocados, then place the top half on the bottom half, smush it together…and dig in!