1 cup plain flour
1 cup rolled oats
1 cup brown sugar
½ cup coconut
125 g butter
2 tablespoons golden syrup
1 tablespoon water
½ teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1. Sift the flour into a bowl. Add the sugar, rolled oats and coconut.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and add the golden syrup and water.
3. Stir the bicarbonate of soda into the liquid mixture.
4. Add the liquid to the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Place walnut-sized balls of mixture on a greased tray and bake at 175°C for 15-20 minutes.
6. Biscuits will harden when cool.