- 3 Tablespoon salted butter
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 – ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 ½ Tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- Pastry for a 2-crust pie, homemade or store-bought
- 4-5 cup peeled thinly sliced apples
- 1 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Melt the 3 Tablespoons butter in a deep dish* 9-inch pie pan. Sprinkle with brown sugar and pecans and drizzle with maple syrup. Top with one of the pie crusts (rolled to an 11” circle).
Mound apple slices into crust and sprinkle with lemon juice. Combine sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Sprinkle of top of the apples. Drizzle with melted butter.
Lay the remaining pie crust on top. Fold the edges of the crust together and crimp to seal. Pierce top with a fork.
Bake on the middle rack of the oven at 400 for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees and continue baking for an additional 35-40 minutes.
Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes (no longer!). Loosen sides with a knife. Turn upside down onto a large serving platter.