- 1 (11-ounce) can refrigerated French bread dough
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh sage
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces reduced-fat pork sausage, cooked and crumbled (such as Jimmy Dean)
- ¾ cup (3 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Find lengthwise seam in dough. Beginning at seam, gently unroll dough into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface. Roll dough into a 13 x 8-inch rectangle; brush with butter, leaving a ½-inch border.
- Combine sage, salt, and sausage. Sprinkle sausage mixture evenly over dough, leaving a ½-inch border; top with cheese. Starting with a long side, roll dough up, jelly-roll fashion; press seam to seal (do not seal ends of roll).
- Cut 1 (1/2-inch-thick) crosswise slice from each end; discard. Slice roll crosswise into 12 (1/2-inch-thick) pieces; arrange in a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 28 minutes or until golden.