- 2 c flour
- 3/4 c plus 3 Tbs sugar,divided
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 6 Tbs unsalted butter,chilled,cut up
- 1 c chopped strawberries
- 3/4 c plus 2 Tbs buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 1 (3 oz) pkg cream cheese,cut in 12 cubes
How to make it
- Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease bottoms of 1 2 muffin cups or line with paper liners. combine flour,3/4 c sugar ,baking powder and baking soda in med. bowl.
- With pastry blender or 2 knives,cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Stir in strawberries.
- Whisk buttermilk and egg in small bowl until blended. Gently stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until combined. Divide evenly among muffin cups. Dip cream cheese pieces in 2 Tbs of the sugar;place in center of each muffin. Press cream cheese until level with batter (do not cover cream cheese with batter). Sprinkle muffins with remaining 1 Tbs sugar.
- Bake 2o to 25 mins or till light brown and toothpick comes out clean(do not put toothpick in cream cheese). Cool on wire rack 10 mins. Remove from pan;serve warm or at room temperature. Store in refrigerator.